Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another reason I love Starbucks: They get Customer Service

For those of you who know me, you know I love coffee and more specifically Starbucks. There are so many things that I admire about Starbucks: their brand, innovation, commitment to excellence and their customer service. These are all initiatives that are difficult to scale but they have scaled and done it without compromise. That deserves respect right there.

I recently went into a Starbucks and they were out of soy. No big deal but I wrote them anyway. Mostly because there is a 24 hour grocery store across the street and I was perplexed why they could not have walked 30 feet and bought more.

First, they responded to my concern within 6 hours. Then they asked me to fill out a survey if their response met my needs. THEN, they sent me a coupon for a free coffee for the inconvenience of my experience.

Timely and appropriate response, proper follow up, escalated to the store and Regional Manager to either train or tighten up the process and then opened the door an invited me back. Absolutely fabulous.

Sky Service should take a lesson from Starbucks....

No comments: